Sunday, January 25, 2015

Halloween Bake Sale at Danil's School


It was Danil's very FIRST Halloween!
He was very excited, and he was the cutest GANGSTER I've ever seen.
He was very busy gathering treats in our neighborhood for about 4 hours, but when he came back home his pillow case (yes, it was his "bag") was almost overflowing.
He doesn't care too much about all those junk food and sweets -
he's lucky - he prefers the meat all other kinds of food including sweets,
but his father was very happy.
Unlike Danil, he loooooves them!
All those sweets were gone in 4 days...

 I found this very old picture recently.
It was my first Halloween, taken in Tokyo, Japan.
At that time, I was a teacher at an international school in Vladivostok, Russia.
We took a field trip to Tokyo , so that's how I was introduced to Halloween.
It was great time - we had a lot of fun! 

 Ok, finally the bake sale! This is my version of the American donut,
except much smaller, and much healthier!
 They are bite-size and come in vanilla, cinnamon, and custard flavors.
They end up being like a kind of cake with colored glaze.
I think it s very nice treat for any children's event!
 Again, my favorite decorated cookies - featuring lace and daisies! Daisies are very cute...
for some reason they remind me of breakfast and fried eggs.

 And of course, what would Halloween be without owls?
These owls are not perfect ones,
but Danil helped me decorate them, so that's how they became priceless.
These are "the best ones"!



 Healthy, flourless bars - oatmeal, nuts, homemade caramel, raisins, chocolate chips
 and a few teaspoons of butter - that's it!


Very tasty!
 My version of Oreo cookies,
but mine are vanilla butter cookies with peanut caramel cream in between and
white chocolate drizzles on the top!





No comments:

Post a Comment